Assistant Dogs UK
Assistance Dogs UK is a voluntary coalition of assistance dog charities that have been accredited by Assistance Dogs International (ADI) and/or The International Guide Dog Federation (IGDF). A photo of a woman with her assistance dog Where we started and where we are headed Assistance Dogs UK was established in 1995 and until 2020 was run entirely by a board of volunteer trustees, made up of representatives from its membership. In 2020 ADUK welcomed a Development Manager who, over the next few years will develop the charity and continue to ensure that it remains an effective umbrella body and hub for information and good practice. In 2021 ADUK welcomed 2 new members: both organisations that recently became accredited by ADI. ADUK also welcomed a range of organisations (candidates) that are working towards the same accreditation that our members have. You can find out more about all of the organisations involved with ADUK by visiting our members page and our candidate page. What matters to us ADUK Members work to the highest international standards of assistance dog and guide dog training and welfare. ADUK celebrates and promotes the benefits that taking a standards-based approach brings to both the assistance dog, their partner/owner and the wider general public.What we do:ADUK brings its members and candidates together to share knowledge, expertise and skills so that we can see what best practice looks like, and achieve it together. ADUK promotes and celebrates the work of it’s members and the life-changing impacts that assistance dogs have.How we do it:ADUK acts as the umbrella body for its members and candidates, bringing them together to collaborate to advance its charitable aims by;
- providing education and awareness-raising
- producing resources and guides
- providing training
- campaigning for better access for assistance dog users
- developing and participating in research and evidence
- sharing good practice
- celebrating and promoting the benefits of a standards-based approach to assistance dog training and welfare
- Assistance Dogs UK is a registered charity: Registered charity no: 1119538
- ADUK does not claim to represent all assistance dog charities or owners.
- Not all assistance dogs In the UK will have been trained by one of ADUK members.
Address:C/o Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
The Grange, Wycombe Road,
Saunderton, Princes Risborough,
Buckinghamshire, HP27 9NS
How can I get involved?
Training Event Form
We will promote your training event via our website training diary, social media, newsletter and database.