Mansfield District Council
Title: Outreach Worker
Salary: Band 1B: £21,165 increasing to £21,680 following 6 months’ probation. (After successful
probation with a possible further progression to £23,079 dependence on experience and performance)
Hours: Various posts / Flexible hours available between: 15hrs- 37hrs
Base: Carers Federation, Pelham Road Nottingham, NG51AP
Carers Federation Ltd is a national charity and company limited by guarantee established in 1992 to empower
and support unpaid carers, the people for whom they care for and the wider community. The charity is
managed by a Board of Trustees elected by our membership.
Carers Federation has successfully been awarded a 4-year contract by Nottinghamshire County Council and
Nottingham City Council to deliver a carers support service across the whole region. The successful applicant
will be part of dynamic team in identifying and supporting unpaid carers.
Carers Federation are looking for individuals who are dynamic, motivated, and committed to being an
Outreach Worker to work across the community of Nottingham City and County. The successful applicants
• Help identify and support adults who are caring for a relative, friend or neighbour.
• Provide information, guidance and advice to support unpaid carers.
• Demonstrate an understanding of unpaid carers needs.
• Show confidence in supporting unpaid carers with the diverse issuesthat can affect their lives.
• Supporting unpaid Carers to reduce loneliness and isolation by accessing groups and activities
within their area.
• Complete assessments and sign post unpaid Carers to relevant services/organisations.
• Need to build strong working relationships with GP Practices, Health & Social Care and establish
links with other relevant professionals throughout the community.
To be considered for the post, you will need to have well developed listening and communication skills, an
understanding of carer’s issues, the ability to manage your own workload and be a good team player.
Based in Nottingham, the ability to travel across the wider region is an essential aspect of this role. This
post is subject to medical, reference and enhanced DBS checks.
“Striving to promote equality and diversity throughout ourservice.”
Closing Date: 1st December 2023
Please apply online at www.carersfederation.co.uk and complete the application form.
If you require any assistance please e-mail email@example.com or Rosaleen Lynch
07739237147. Please quote the reference when applying for this role.
Carers Federation operates a smoke free site policy. Smoking is not permitted on any of our
Carers Federation Limited is registered in England as a company limited by guarantee.
We will promote your training event via our website training diary, social media, newsletter and database.